Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Which is better and is there a best brand of car tire? What are Dyna beeads and do they work? Thanks all!:?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Lots of members here use CT and are happy with them. I haven't gone to the "Dark Side" ,,,,, so I can't say whats best and what's not.

I use the Dyna Beads in my MC tires,, (E-3's and GT Pilots) and they have worked well so far. I only started useing them this past season. Here is a link with all info on them.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Dyna beads work, at least they do in the front tyre. It's hard to say if they work in the back wheel as mine never gave me problems.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Forgot to mention I have the beads in both Front and Rear tires.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Winger77, do you get a "Bounce" at slow speeds, 15 to 25 MPH?

I put them in my front tire and I got that for maybe the first 1000 miles, but seemed to settle down a lot. I still get a little bounce from time to time but I really have to be looking for it.

I don't have them in my back tire, but Im getting ready to put new tires on and am going to use them again as I like the ride they give on the front at high speeds and the tire is wearing very very well, no cupping at all after 8000 miles. The front doesn't need changing but Im going to and just keep that tire as a spare.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

OH BOY...

I like my Austone Taxi tire and think it's about the best, for me at least.
I like Dyna beads, used them on 2 bikes and various tires. Prefer them over lead weights still so far.

Delo 400 or Rotela are the best oils for Wings, Crisco for fish or taters.

I throw away DEER ALERTS if I find them stuck on anything I buy!! LOL

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:

I put them in my front tire and I got that for maybe the first 1000 miles, but seemed to settle down a lot. I still get a little bounce from time to time but I really have to be looking for it.

I don't have them in my back tire, but Im getting ready to put new tires on and am going to use them again as I like the ride they give on the front at high speeds and the tire is wearing very very well, no cupping at all after 8000 miles. The front doesn't need changing but Im going to and just keep that tire as a spare.
Can't say that I've noticed any type of "bounce" at all. Don't have any idea what that could be either :?

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,211 Posts
imported post

I havn't tried 'em yet but from what I understand from the ads, you're supposed to remove your balancing weights after you've install them? just asking?

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

I use beads in both CT and MT , oh I have both on the 1500 and they work well.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

chilidawg wrote:
I havn't tried 'em yet but from what I understand from the ads, you're supposed to remove your balancing weights after you've install them? just asking?
Yes,,,,, remove all other weights.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:

If there is something about the tire, out of balance or out of round it will show up at low speed before the tire is spinning fast enough for the beads to find their place.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
jobe05 wrote:

If there is something about the tire, out of balance or out of round it will show up at low speed before the tire is spinning fast enough for the beads to find their place.
Ahhhhhh,,,,,,,, thats it,,,,,,,,, I should have known :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
jobe05 wrote:

Thanks Dave, No doubt it was unbalanced, was glad when it subsided after some mileage went on her. Just wondering if Im going to experience the same thing if I do both tires this time.

Also I was wondering last time, if I balance the tires just to figure out what weight I would need, and find out it's just a little Like 1/4 or 1/2 oz, would I need to add the whole 2 oz of Dyna beads? Has anyone tried that?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I know that the recommended amount for motorcycle tires ( 1500 GW's anyway's) is 2oz per tire. I haven't seen any info saying any diff. :?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
I know that the recommended amount for motorcycle tires ( 1500 GW's anyway's) is 2oz per tire. I haven't seen any info saying any diff. :?
I think it was the Dyna Beads site itself were I read the recommendation was 2 oz for any tire weighing more than 17 pounds, or was it for every 17 pounds of tire. Not looking at it now but not sure what the front tire weights, but it would be close to that perhaps.

Actually, it goes by tire width on the innovative balancing site:

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/chart.htm#MotorcycleChart

[align=center]Motorcycles[/align] [align=center]Motorcycle applications are easy for all bikes, 2 wheel or 3 wheel[/align] [align=center]Front[/align] [align=center]80 - 120 mm tire width[/align] [align=center]1 oz[/align] [align=center]80 - 120 mm tire width(BMW Telelever only)[/b][/align] [align=center]2 oz[/align] [align=center]130 mm tire width[/align] [align=center]2 oz[/align] [align=center]Rear[/align]
[align=center]130 mm - 240 mm width [/align] [align=center]2 oz[/align] [align=center]250 mm - 360mm tire width[/align] [align=center]3 oz[/align] [align=center]195 - 205 car tires on the rear[/align] [align=center]3 oz[/align] [align=center]Scooters[/align]
[align=center]10" diameter wheels (scooters)[/align] [align=center]1 oz[/align] [align=center]12" & Up diameter wheels (scooters)[/align] [align=center]2 oz[/align] [align=center]Dual Purpose / Off Road with Rim Locks[/align]
[align=center]Front - 80 - 120 mm tire width[/align] [align=center]2 oz[/align] [align=center]Rear - 130 -230 mm width[/align] [align=center]3 oz[/align] Rim Locks - add one ounce over what you normaly use for that size tire to accomodate the additional weight of the rim lock. Two rim locks opposite each other don't require any more Dyna Beads other than stated above, as they have a tendency to cancel each other out.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

You could balance it and also add a small amount of beads, it won't hurt anything. I have no idea why they say to remove the weights if you add dyna beads. They won't harm a thing if the tire is balanced and if it does change they are there to compensate.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,211 Posts
imported post

So am I to understand that less is better? Will 2oz mess up a wheel where only 1oz is called for? Does anyone actually know? From what i saw on the ad blurb, you kind of had to know for yourself or it didn't matter, or does that just mean,no-one really cares?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.