Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yesterday while running about enjoying the warmer weather, everything was running great. Hit the left turn signal and the dash indicatorstartedflashing quickly. Nice to know it does that. Stopped to check and the rear left signal was out. Got home and pulled the bulb, but it looked good. Put a tester to it and no power. Could it be the flasher if all three others are working?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I'd rather have root canal work done instead of chasing electrical problems:D

Thanks-Rob

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
imported post

Did you test it properly, ie getting the ground point from the frame or an engine guard? If you did and you now know there is no power, its more likely to be a bad connection and the first place I would look is the connector under the trunk cover.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I grounded the tester to the frame and there was no power. I tested the socket and probed the wire. I also checked for loose connections under the seat, but not with the tester. I did replace the bulband that didn't fix it. It was toonice of a day today so the wife and I went for a ride. Trained her in the old arm signal routine.:cool: I will test the connections tomorrow.

Do you think it could be the relay?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,691 Posts
imported post

A loose ground wire is the usual culprit, especially if there is voltage available at the socket during the flashing phase.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

Test both sides of your fuses and the fuse box itself....it's a maybe

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Started digging back into my turn signal problem today. I was hoping for that miraculous repair, but it didn't happen.

No power to the socket and bulb is good. Pulled the seat and lifted the trunk (boy thats fun) Reading my electrical schematics (equally as fun) figured out that the left rear t/s is an orange wire.Located the wire in the black box under the seat and seems that a PO had some issues before and did the old solder repair splice just past the black box. See pic. Thought I had found my problem, but OH NO it's never that easy for me. Confirmed that the orange was actually the turn signal and found it to be live past the splice. I think I need to pull the left saddle bag to trace out where he may have spliced back in. It dives down behind the center rear fender piece. Any ideas?? Has anyone had an issue witha turn signalbefore and had to splice in a new wire outside the harness?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.