Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi fellow wingers,

Hope all is well .I`m looking for advice on the rear axle spacing i have just fitted new tyre, new disc, on assembling (wheel--space collar-brake bracket-spacer washer) `im still left with about 4m/m gap .I checked manual all seems to be in order nothing missing is this normal does one tighten axle bolt te pull in this gap (I dont like this idea ) or can I fit another spacer to fill this gap. comments on this would be welcome.

CHEERS ALL

PETER

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

TRUST ME NOT TO MENSION THAT ITS A 1500 1997 ASPENCADE

THANKS FOR BRINGING IT TO MY ATTENTION.

PETER

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Any wheels I fitted were always a tight squeeze, but you do have all the bits that you need. Rather than trying to bend the leg in with the axle, why not just get a 2mm spacer for each side?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Yes Jason thats why I`m looking for advice .On dismantling all was in order bearings O K, tyre passed it, disc not too good so changed,(with pads,)

When I pulled out shaft spacer/washer just dropped out so don`t know if this gap was there b4.

Looks like `ill fit additional washer if no posative comments,can check for any adnormallaties b4 disc is fitted.

cheers peter.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Hello Peter. Is there a chance that the wheel might be worn where the bearings sit. If the bearings had worn inwards they could be sitting toofar into the wheel and giving this extra space. Less likely might be a worn brake calliper holder (worn at the sides where the axle goes through). Just clutching at straws but that 4mm gap just isn't right.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Hi Brian, have check out these avenues bearings are OK was wondering about the spacer that sits inside the drive hub the trumpet shaped one will check it tomorrow. with these thing theres no guide in sizes of length etc.

peter :?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Just to let those of you who watched this querie on the axle ,

Ihave fitted additional 4m/m spacer all is looking well ,could not find any reason as to why the gap was there in the first place.

Peter..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.