Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Is it worth the extra $$ to get Honda OEM wheel bearings for my bike or get the way less expensive alternatives? If not where can I get them and is there a part # that anybody might have, Thanks once again. I plan to have this GW for a long time so OEM might the way, $$ or not. Yes, I will be back. These forums are the best. Ride On................

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Is it front or rear bearings you need? The aftermarket part numbers are probably listed in the forum index. BTW there are no OEM wheel bearings, Honda buy them from bearing manufacturers and the only OEM bit is the packaging.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

As long as they are not produced in China or a 3rd world country where the metal is low grade, you will be fine!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
imported post

Have had great luck with All Balls (previous ad) quality, n price, all is good... just did mine, get the grease seal, too, for those rear, and be sure to get some Moly Paste, for the splines, you'll need it, and....do the rear tire while you have it off. (if at all needs it).... have fun, too, it's a fun job the first time, working with the swingarm, axle, and all....

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks guys for the bearing info. Do Honda dealers sell the moly paste? I would imagine so. And could you give a ball park price of the bearings? I have been looking online qnd I see prices for the drive side at $42-$47 and the left side at $17-$20. Not sure if those are high or not. Hey Jim I can hardly believe you when you say have fun when working on the driveline. Are you bs'n me? I consider myself a fairly decent home wrench but I sometimes think that tearing things apart and putting it all back together is not that much fun. Now when you get it all together and get back on the horse that is the fun part right!! Thanks again. Ride On

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.