Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My brake calipers need rebuilding. Can I use the appropriate size 0-rings, or do I have to buy the whole kit? Or do the calipers use something that looks like an o-ring but isn't and therefore only comes in a kit?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i belive you`ll find that the seals for the pistons are a square type o ring , there for its kits time.

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

Yes they are square cut . I'll try and look up all the #s from my rebuild . It'll be later today before I can dig it all out though . Also if you start looking be sure to remember the 83 has two different size seals unlike the 82 which used the same seals on all 3 calipers.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:There arefour seals for each frontcaliper,2 piston seals and2 dust seals and their Honda part numbers are & I believe these are for the for the L/H front:dust seal 45109-GE2-006;piston seal 45209-GE2-006. I purchased these from the dealer in 2006 and the cost was $20. Caliper seal part numbers for the rear caliper are:piston seal 45209-MA7-006;dust seal 445109-MA7-006, 2 of each for the rear. Cost for the rear seals was about $20. These part numbers are for the 1983 GL1100 and probably are the same for the 1982 GL1100.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
imported post

If the calipers needing rebuilding are for the 83 Aspencade you have listed don't forget that the front calipers have different size pistons. Left front, and the rear are the same. Right front has smaller pistons.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

If you are REALLY pinching pennies and the calipers are not releasing the brakes, I have gotten by on my 1000 by just taking the caliper apart and thoroughly cleaning everything. This includes using my finger nail to scrape the corrosion from the seals and dust covers. I have never tried this when the calipers are leaking. Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.