Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to rebuild a GL 1200 Interstate to GL 1200 Aspencade ? I mean to move all the Aspencade gear from a GL 1200 Aspencade and mount it on a GL 1200 Interstate ?

- Or to put the question in an other way : Are all GL 1200 frames the same ?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I bleieve all the frames are the smae... however, the front brakes, speedo and all the fairing stuff are different. the ltd bikes the top of the triple tree and handle bars are different, but I bleive the I and A are the same. seems like a lot of work... are you trading out with a bike that the engine went bad?

just remember... alll that electronic gear can go kaput and stup working while mechanical stuff usually lasts

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Not all the Asp electrical items will plug straight into the Interstate. The LCD dash will be a big headache and will need a bit of ad-hoc wiring.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Huge job. Hardly worth. You'll definitely find countless surprises. Even have to change the oil sender, (the variable one) Definitely have to change the complete harness. like Rocky said. I put an Interstate engine into my LTD, and was frought with challenges. Wasn't worth it. May pull the Orig. LTD engine back out of Interstate, and re-build it, and put it back into the LTD. Anyway, good luck if you tackle this job. Take weeks, possibly. :)

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hi Rcmatt007, Englishted, Mr.1200 and Oregonwinger !

Thank You very much for Your replies !

A member of the danish GoldWing Board has a GL 1200 that I understandhas becomea bit tired, and he is considering the work, and was wondering about the frame issue.

From Your certainly qualified answers and input, that frame issue seems to be absolutely the minor part of the proposed rebuilding project.

- Me, I'll just stick to my GL 1000 LTD !:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.