Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Fellow wingites, I,m in need of some answers. I<m almost done rebuilding the 1981 interstate and at present i,m on the front brake system. The calipers have been done and installed and I just finished rebuilding the the front master cylinder. Let me mention that I did use one off of a 2001 goldwing. The original was beyond repair. I have installed the new one, filled it with brake fluid but can not get it to catch any pressure. I have pulled the brake handle in many time but it just is not getting pumped up. Let me say that in this rebuild the entire system was drained of any old brake fluid. Is there some trick that I,m missing here. HELP!!!

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

I pulled my hair out trying to get my lines to bleed on the front. After more than a dozen cycles it was still soft. I found the air was adjacent to the master cylinder itself and would not travel down the line to the caliper and therefore impossible to purge. Only after I had bled it from the banjo bolt did it take hold and really begin to pump. It only took about two cycles before the air was out and the master really pressurize the system. Since you've done work on the bottom as well you'll probably need to keep bleeding to get the bottom purged but until the master cylinder pumps correctly you can't even do that. My experience,I hope it helps.

Hold a rag over everything to keep that caustic stuff off the paint.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I,m assuming even thou the whole system was emptied that bleeding it thru the banjo on the master cylinder is still exceptable. I have pulled the brake in several hundred times it seems but no difference. I pull it it maybe 20 or 30 times hold it in and loosen and tighten the banjo bolt on thye master. is this correct

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.