Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok I replaced the solenoid on my 1100with my spare..(so a hunt for a another spare starts.) Anyway, the bad one is intermittent when I apply juice sometimes I get a faint click but it doesn't engage if I give it a little rap then it will engage but only once per rap and then back to a faint click but no contact. The contacts inside are clean no burn marks and the contacts at the top are solid. So one of you electrical engineers have an idea of why it's doing what it's doing? And a fix..I can take it apart..IE get the top of by unsoldering the contact points.

Probably just an exercise but I like to try and fix stuff.;)

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
imported post

If it is made on the old Ford type solinoid construction, only way to find out is disassemble it and look for corrosion or binding on the plunger shaft, broken return spring, grooved wall on coil cylinder. Sometimes they just wear so much they get sloppy and bind up. Wire coil may be shorted internally and not strong enough to over come return spring.....Roll of the dice- some times you get a natural -- some times you crap out.. But yougotta roll em to find out.

I just took a coffee maker apart looking for the reason it quit, said HHMMMm and chunked it ...:cooldevil: :waving:Keno

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.