Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi,

I've done loads of searches and am looking for someone to repair a starter in the UK. Kept on tightening the positive terminal without securing the post and ripped the contacts inside. I've got a replacement on already but would like to repair the broken one as its new. I have'nt seen any kits for replacing that part.

You guys always come up trumps
Cheers
Boris

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi boris there must be someone near you in the yellow pages under aultonators or starter repairs any guy that repairs starters ect will do

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

It's an electric motor any motor shop should be able to rebuild or buy a kit and do it yourself not to hard..several how to's in the reference section and on other sites.

The part you broke just has to solder back on..once it's a part you can get to it.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Just take it to your nearest Lucas dealer!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil: Sorry I just couldn't resist it. Seriously there should be some automotive electrical shops in your area. Across the water on the West side there are lots of little electrical shops that work on starters, alternators and such like. Most of them can do pretty much of any starter.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks guys for the posts. Thats what I would have thought but everywhere seems to operate an exchange system so it has to be one they deal with in the first place.
I had thought of fixing it myself but my soldering is more like sculptering if you get my drift
Thats what you get for a throw away society
I'll keep hunting and thanks again
Boris

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Hi boris try and auto electrian

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Just take it to your nearest Lucas dealer!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:
They were everywhere at one time. How times change so quickly.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Humphreys & Willis, Redhill

8 Reading Arch Road, Redhill, RH1 1HG

Telephone:
01737 761354

Give the folks above a ring, I have used them to rebuilt starters and alternators in the past. :)

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Cheers guy, especially the silver fox post as I think my alternator has given up aswell.
:)
Boris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.