Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

has anyone out there had this done before? i would like to replace the front springs with progressive springs.just wondering if there is a seal kit to take care of all seals.maybe someone knows which spring i need to use to reduce front dive when braking.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Plenty of us on here have done it. I did it to mine. I used the standard replacement fork seals and dust cover. You also might want to replace the upper and lower bushings at the same time while you have the forks apart to replace the seals with.

Now if you aren't having seal leaks anywhere then putting in the Progressive springs is easier and faster to do. If you use the forum search using fork springs as key words then you should get links to most of the threads including those with pics.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

before you put new springs in, check to see if you have set the anti-dive, at almost the bottom of each leg is the adjusting screw with the dial around it marked 1 - 4, turn the screw till the notch alignes to one of the numbers, 4 is the stiffest, yours may be at number 1, its worth a try

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

Changing the fork oil will probably do more for the anti-dive than the springs. It's something I do once a year and it's amazing the difference it makes in ride and handling especially if you go to 15w oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.