Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How many of you Kept the first bike you ever restored from the elements?

I know this is a Goldwing forum But : I reworked a 1982 Kwasaki Kz550 Gpz sportbike and my wife wants me to sell it and invest the $$ into the wing.

I would like to keep it and have the option to ride sport or Cruise. Depending on the people, weather or mood of the day. to & from work the small bike will fair better for mileage but then - I only work a couple miles away.

I just cant move myself to get rid of something that kept me sane while being stuck at home the last couple years with nothing to do. Getting the Kawasaki gave me a release. This goldwing on the otherhand , I touch something on it and something else breaks. Its going to be a little trickier to make shine again.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

ran429 wrote:
How many of you Kept the first bike you ever restored from the elements?

I never kept mine, the first was a NSU Quickly in gray,then progressed to rebuild a 125cc CZ. in RED and black.

Impressed or what!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::D:jumper:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Randy,

I admire what you have done. I personally would invest in the Wing for a few reasons. One of which is the sustainable value of the Wing that the Saki will never have. I hope you received the pm I sent you of ssomeone who would be interested in your Wing right now as is. You and I both know the Saki would never generate that interest.

I have that wee Vespa running around that also generates interest, and I will sell it as soon as I have it ready.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

If you can afford to keep it and have the space in your garage, then keep it. Mine was a Honda 400/4. Restored it to like new and sold it to buy another bike that I can barely remember now. The 400/4 is sorely missed now, shoulda held onto it. :(

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I hit that link, But it only looks as if they want it for parts.

I would like to trade up for a newer bikewing, But selling it to a scrapyard isnt going to let this bike breathe fire again.

And what are they willing to put down on it, I wont just give awaypossibly my only chance at a gooddown payment on something else. (you know what I mean i hope :D)

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Suspect he is more into restoring it, I could ask if you like.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

A person who is going to restore it is the only person whom will get it.

I wouldnt mind having a nice newer one with a backrest for the wife. She's first you know.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

OK, Deals off now that I have some parts on the way. see when I get these if I find the problems then.

Then Sync the carbs, These things did get a meticulous scrubbing and new rings on the float valve body.

Maybe the thing on top of the main carbs body which has two O-rings is pulling air in. Im going to get some ETHER today and check for vaccuum leaks with it instead of WD40.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.