Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have yet to check the metal lines will do so tommorow after noon. But incase it is not the lines. I have put the new seals that come in the rebuild kit and thought it would cure the leak I was getting. Could my master be busted.

The case at the bottom where there is a metal freeze plug or cap . The manual says this is not to be open. If this is leaking will JB weld stop the leak or am I in need of another master.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Just put a glob of JB weld to see if this stops the leak, If it does or not i will be looking for a rear master in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Just put a glob of JB weld to see if this stops the leak, If it does or not i will be looking for a rear master in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

For slow leaks in fuel systems in the military we often used talc powder. Clean and dry the area thouroughly then apply a light coating of powder and operate the brake several times. If she is leaking the powder will help identify it quicker.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I identified the leak. I just havnt found anything on repairing the bottom portion of the cyl casing.

all manuals say this is not servicable.Its a sealed unit.

I had my son stand on the brake pedal while I looked at the entire unit.

The freeze plug is distorted . Maybe 3 years of sitting , it built condensation and then froze in the winter exanding this plug. The leak is no more than a few drips per second but not low enough for silicone. I have put JB weld. waiting for it to dry. i will install in the AM and make sure to pump the brakes enough to cause a failure in my driveway instead of on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

I would look for a replacement. This is the most critical system on the bike and not something I would trust to a jb weld fix.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

muaymendez1 wrote:
I identified the leak. I just havnt found anything on repairing the bottom portion of the cyl casing.

all manuals say this is not servicable.Its a sealed unit.

I had my son stand on the brake pedal while I looked at the entire unit.

The freeze plug is distorted . Maybe 3 years of sitting , it built condensation and then froze in the winter exanding this plug. The leak is no more than a few drips per second but not low enough for silicone. I have put JB weld. waiting for it to dry. i will install in the AM and make sure to pump the brakes enough to cause a failure in my driveway instead of on the road.
Please let me send you a master cyclinder, I would hate for you to ride around on that with JB weld between you and a bad cylinder, shipping would be all I requested back. you could have it by 18th with priority shipping. Let me know, I'll be alseep all day but will check messages around 4 pm.

Ride SAFE, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Good man!! :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

Whiskerfish wrote:
Good man!! :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:
Cool I sent a pm then read your message-I like the price you can give him.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

I think Ray ought to get a gold star on his Wing card. That's a team player there.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I have dealt with ray on a few Items. Hes one of a kind. Ray Pm sent thank You thank you.

By the way I just got that DAMN Wis h Iu would have fixed it feeling..

JB weld fell off while doing 60mph. I sware to all of you and myself that i will never do anything this foolish again.

Im glad to be back home safe .

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Please be careful. Don't take any chances on the stoppers. Remember it's a hydraulic pressurized system. Glad you got home safe.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Sent PM with my cell number please call me :)

THanks, Ray

:action:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.