Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So this is "round two" of the '81 GL1100 saga for the day. In my earlier post today, I mentioned that I was looking for the impeller and the bearings for the water pump. Well, scratch that one. When my mechanic was attempting to take it apart, the impeller de-constructed, so that's that.....need a water pump, preferrably rebuilt. Had a quote from Roseville Honda for $177 for the impeller ALONE (this guy had to be on drugs!)....pretty sure I can do better than that. UNfortunately, with this being Monday and all, Sac Cycle and Rancho Motorcycle Dismantling are BOTH closed (I have used both these places for parts for this bike - - they are WONderful!).

Soooo, now I'm trying not to break the bank, and find a (preferrably) rebuilt water pump, or a place that isn't going to want all the money I have for a new water pump.

Again, any feedback would be great. Thanks, y'all.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
imported post

I had to wait a week to get it, but I found one for my 84 aspencade for $118, not rebuilt, new. I don't think they rebuild those.
Jim(inSC)

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Yeah, thanks. I use two motorcycle dismantlers around here, and they've been REALLYgreat (considering I originally paid $500 for this beast, it's real purty, huh?) UNfortunately, they are both closed (it's Monday, duh)....so I'm left to my own devices, and wanting to ride. Was going to take her out yesterday, and was unable, for a different reason (family). Really glad I didn't, because I would have burned her up, I'm sure. Started out as a little water in that bloody weep hole, (blank blank blank!) :X

Thanks for all your info, you're wonderful!

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
imported post

bought a used on an ebay for $60 and rebuild kit for $24. The new pumps have a steel impeller.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Generally no one rebuilds to sell. Youi either rebuild your own or by a used one and hope it's good for a few years or buy new..

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

I have one off of my 84 1200 that I rebuilt. It was never installed(spare) and now I no longer have my 1200, so I would part with it for the price of the parts and shipping. I will place an ad in the for sale section.

PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

wellcome to the forum--pm sent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.