Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

In the mail today was a recall notice for 2001,2010 and 2012 for a possible secondary rear brake master cylinder failure. to be checked for the possibility of rear brake engauging at speed. gonna have my local Dealer check it out even with 92,000 miles on her.. Anyone else out there get a letter?...

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

I have not got the letter. But had my recall done about 3 weeks ago. Takes about 10 minutes to test. Most bikes pass. Only a very few have had a problem. If yours should fail test they order a repair kit for the bike.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Just got my letter today. Will get it checked out this spring.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

recalls are fun aint they lol

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
recalls are fun aint they lol
Not concerned really. Have over 50,000 miles without a problem. Will get it checked when inspection is due.:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i wouldnt be concerned either but i sure to love it when owner operators come in thinkin the recall they got is so life threating i just get a kick out of it

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

My wife's bike suffered a lock up of the rear wheel on the freeway. Fortunately I was driving it at the time. Managed to get it to the side of the road before it totally seized. This happened the first week of November, so her bike may have been the tipping point for the recall. I got new tires on both bikes last week, and my bike also failed the initial inspection. This could very well have been life threatening, so be cavalier, but have it checked.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
i wouldnt be concerned either but i sure to love it when owner operators come in thinkin the recall they got is so life threating i just get a kick out of it
Not so funny for # 9 post here....

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

My RS Venture was doing that. It would stop RIGHT THERE! If you weren't quick you'd be stuck in the middle of the road. There was NO moving the bike. Scary. It would've been death on a 4 laner. Mine was the MC relief port. Have no idea what the Wing problem is.... but I'd get it checked out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.