Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if there is a searchable (by Vin) database for recalls to see if work has already been performed or do I have to go to the dealerships? Specificly I am wondering if my bank angle sensor has been replaced as it is gone bad and i have pulled it. The date on the sensor is 89.8.08 and the recall was issued in 95 I am assuming it should be covered.

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
imported post

Here is a link to the service bulletin pdf. http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1500 Service Bulletins/1500SB6.pdf

On page 2 it says :

IDENTIFICATION
Mark the motorcycle as follows to identify units
that have had the sensor replaced as part of this
recall campaign.
• remove the front right side cover (covering
the engine oil dipstick)
• stamp an .X" mark on the lower frame rail
below the engine mount as shown

CHECK THE PDF FOR THE PHOTO AND MORE INFO.

HERE ARE MORE LISTED RECALLS http://www.goldwingfacts.com/used1500.htm

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanx.
No X stamped on frame, and no recall part code on unit. Will be down to the stealership tomorrow to order new part under re-call.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
imported post

idriveu,

Honda’s corporate office in California maintains a database of all recall work done on their motorcycles.

Motorcycle Division
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 2200
Torrance, CA 90509-2200
Mail stop: 100-4C-7B
Telephone: (866) 784-1870

Just call the 866 number above and ask for the customer support area. Give the rep your VIN and he/she will look up exactly what recall work has been done to your bike.

I’ve actually used this service to research bikes before I bought them. Doesn’t need to be your bike. You just need the VIN and they will look it up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the info, I called today and they told me there were no outstanding recalls for my bike. However the frame hasn't been stamped so I'll have to check the unit for the "POM" next to the "up"

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
imported post

OK, now I'M confused!

What is the "POM" and the "up"?

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
imported post

In the recall bulletin it says that "The replacement sensor is marked "POM" next to the "UP" mark on the mounting surface."

So he is just double checking to see if it is a new bank angle sensor he has.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I just called my local Honda Dealer about my 88 last week. He was able to look up my VIN while I was on the phone. The sensor had not been replaced (hence the cutting out on the freeway), and he ordered the part.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I checked the sensor and its marked with the "POM" , also honda canada ( I assume US as well) told me to check the date stamp on the unit and if it has a 95.06.* or newer the unit is good to go. The easiest way to check this is to pull the seat and slip an inspection mirror to the back of the unit, the date stamp is visible as well as the OM of POM. This is fast (less then 5 minutes to do) and easy. Also don't forget to stamp the frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.