Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As I said in my first thread, this was two problems. (1) it would idle at 950 then jump to 1300 and pulse up an down 200 rpm's from 1100 to 1300. (2) if you tried to throttle the rpms up slowly it would jump from 950 to apx 1300 instead of 9-10-11-12-1300. First I ran Berrymans carb cleaner twice with little or no help. Then I synch the carbs right on the money but still had the fast idle pulsate problem, so I idled it down with the adjuster by the gas cap, then adjusted it back up. After I left the shop and run it down the road it started idling at 950 but just a little rough. But I still had problem two (2). We went to Branson and problem two made it aggravating taking off in all that traffic so I stopped at a Oreilly's and got a small bottle of Lucas gas treatment and put in approx. 2 3/4 oz in 10-15 miles it started getting better. I am now on the second half of the bottle and I would say my problem is 99 % cured. :jumper: So now I won't have to check all the vacuum lines ect. Need less to say I am sold on Lucas products now..Thanks.....Gary

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Willy and I couldn't hardly wait to take a ride this morning on my better running wing before it got too hot out and it was great and this site is too...........gary

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear the testimonial for Lucas, it's always useful to find a product that does some good. So far the favorite miracles in a can around here are: MMO, Seafoam, and now Lucas Carb cleaner.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I have always heard good things about Lucas buthave never used it. I have used Seafoam quite a few times and always had good results. Maybe I'll try Lucas next time.

Bob

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

AZWinger wrote:
I have always heard good things about Lucas buthave never used it. I have used Seafoam quite a few times and always had good results. Maybe I'll try Lucas next time.

Bob
I put over 76000 miles on a 1200 Aspencade and put MMO in about every 4th tank or so and the carbs worked great and never synch them but they were clean from the start. Never tried Seafoam but probably should have on this 1500 has low miles that sat a lot. But if this Lucas continues to work as good as it has, I will be a happy camper.....Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.