Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:-Knowing when to come in out of the rain; - Why the early bird gets the worm;- Life isn't always fair; - And maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies, don't spend more than you can earn and adults, not children, are in charge.

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility, and his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights,I Want It Now,Someone Else Is To Blame,I'm A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, do nothing

·
Administrator
24,390 Posts
imported post

How come we all knew what was causing the untimely death and were unable or unwilling to do anything about it? I am ashamed of myself for not shooting the first pointy headed liberal SOB I heard spouting his garbage squarely between the eyes and spending the rest of my life in a cushy prison.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
How come we all knew what was causing the untimely death and were unable or unwilling to do anything about it? I am ashamed of myself for not shooting the first pointy headed liberal SOB I heard spouting his garbage squarely between the eyes and spending the rest of my life in a cushy prison.
Dave,

I'm a new guy on this forum, and really enjoy reading all the posts contained. However, I've seen quite a few references to 'liberals' that have not been very motorcycle-oriented. I've kept my peace, never once made a comment, and continued to enjoy the incredible wealth of information found on these pages. I can let a lot just pass me by or roll off my back.

But to say "I am ashamed of myself for not shooting the first pointy headed liberal SOB I heard spouting his garbage squarely between the eyes and spending the rest of my life in a cushy prison." is way over the line.

After frequenting this site for the last couple of months, I've come to realize there is a definite conservative lean to it's membership. Again, to each their own, but this isn't a political forum. It's about Goldwings, big and small. I'm surprised and a little disappointed that the moderators let as much go on as they do.

I consider myself to be a liberal. In fact, I'm proud to be so. I'm born and raised in Massachusetts, so that probably has a lot to do with it. Let's keep the talk about motorcycling and all the good stuff that goes with it....

Thanks,

Bob

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Baldo

Don't know about the pointy head but, I'm a definite liberal SOB here. I don't know Dave0430 personally, but have read many of his tech posts and admire him for that and hope to meet him and many others someday. I think we all have moments when "kill them all and let god sort them out" rules the forebrain.

Pat

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
imported post

Daves comment didn't have much political bite until Baldo gave it attention.

Shame on Baldo for being a whiner.

Grow a pair.

·
Premium Member
55,688 Posts
imported post

+ 1

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
imported post

jhamp3463 wrote:
Well said freddyboy what happened to if you dont like it dont read it a just keep movin on
Well I read it and I'm moving on...:ROFL: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

Well,

Some interesting responses, I must say. I'm surprised at the quick venom to a very non-confrontational reply. When someone makes a statement that he'd consider shooting someone in the head, simply because of his political views, I take notice. Especially when those views are aligned with mine. Eerily similar to what happened in Arizona not too long ago.

As far as 'whining' about it, I wonder what the response would be if the roles were reversed? Personally, I prefer to talk about an issue, not reach for a gun to settle a 'difference of opinion'.

Dave, I echo what Pat said about valuing your experience and willingness to share it with members of the forum. And I was about to say exactly that when Fred posted his..reply.

I'm not here looking for trouble, I'm here to talk about bikes. Politics have no place on this forum, let's keep it that way.

That's all I have to say on the matter. Have a great day.

Bob

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
imported post

See Baldo, it wasn't political until you assigned as such. It was a statement made in poor judgement and should have been left at that.

Politicking seems to be your game as you continue to lobby for acceptance of your opinion.

You do not have a right to not be offended.

As for your role reversal scenario you might like me to ponder, I never stated any political lean. You're assuming I'm a right wing nut. That is prejudice.

Is that not what you're whining about? Prejudice that you are liberal?

Just because I defend speech doesn't make me anything other than American.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

the discription of this thread reads:
"Miscellaneous Forum
For topics that don't fit in the other forums. If it isn't Goldwing, other motorcycle related or funny then it should fit in here. Political, guns or racial threads not allowed in any of the forums."

Just a reminder.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

:popcorn::smallpopcorn::popcorn::smallpopcorn::popcorn::smallpopcorn:

Watchin' from the left

:smallpopcorn::popcorn::smallpopcorn::smallpopcorn:

Watchin' from the right

What a bunch of maroons:ROFL::cheeky1::ROFL::cheeky1::ROFL::cheeky1::ROFL:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

Some just need an axe to grind I guess.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

scotterichmond wrote:
the discription of this thread reads:
"Miscellaneous Forum
For topics that don't fit in the other forums. If it isn't Goldwing, other motorcycle related or funny then it should fit in here. Political, guns or racial threads not allowed in any of the forums."

Just a reminder.
+1 :raspberry:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

I am sorry to state that although I tried to raise my children with a little bit of common sense, the kids still manage to amaze the hell out of me with some of the stuff the say and do.
Although as time progresses, I find that the older I get, the "give a darn" attitude seems to get less and less.....

:sad: RIP: Common Sense

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.