Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

For the 29 1/2 yrs I've owned my 81GL1100s I've had the Vetter rear package (trunk and bags) on her along with the color matched Hondaline fairing. Put them on 6 months after I bought her new.

Well last year I picked up a near mint Hondaline trunk and rack and taillight on a freebee thread over on the nakedwing forum.A BIG THANKS to Neil over there. Well I swapped out the Vetter trunk for the Hondaline trunk but left the Vetter bags on which looked preaty unique.

Now, a few weeks agoI picked up a set of Hondaline bags on Ebay and I got it mocked up and functional and will get the set painted up over the winter. Here's what she looks like now.

I alsopicked up a near mint set of 83 crashbars on ebayand swapped them out with my original crash bars. She's lookin sharp. Can't waitto see her all painter up. I'mhappy withhow she looks.This is the way she's going to stay.:dance:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Nice looking GW:action:

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

Nice looking Bike.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

You can see your handywork in all, great job :clapper:

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Brianinpa wrote:
Dang! Now I have to keep telling myself: "I don't need the Honda Line - I like the Vetter!"

Very Nice!
Almost got talked into the hondaline and I bought a set. after tinkering the vetters remove and are suit cases. I put a 24 rack into the vetter case and was sold on not changing them. Coupled with a pacifico fairing,I like what I gots. It even looks old.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
imported post

Looking good! :clapper:

Dane:15magenta:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

desert wings wrote:
Looks great all the way around nice job.:applause:
What else can you say? VERY NICE!!:dance::action::dance::action::dance:

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
imported post

You have more upgrades. I see 83 forks, brakes and wheels. What else have you done?

John

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

83 front and rear wheels, 83 forks and brakes and 83 swingarm. Did all that 20 years ago. Recent, 83 crash bars hondaline bags and trunk, 83 driver pegs, big foot kick stand, 48 led brake light bar on trunk. That's about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.