Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

:waving:hi all,got myself a new helmet this week,"caberg justissimo" flip front with inner tinted visor,anyway i must say i am mucho pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone after a helmet that doubles as an open face job or full face with a double visor ,also it never steames up something handy here in the u.k.,thanks all,bri,u.k.;)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi mate, where did you get this helmet, at a shop, or on the net and how much did it set you back? I have one flip lid and might get another, for "she who should be obeyed". I find mine very good as I wear glasses and they don't get yanked off when I pull the helmet off. Also, it makes it easy for a quick *** as we motor along, even though officially we aren't supposed to ride with them up!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

hi pete,i got the helmet off e-bay,just click in "caberg" on the motorcycle clothing&helmets and up pops loads of the same helmet,but check the prices of all as they do all charge different prices,theres 1 who does free p+p...many thanks ,bri.;)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nice one Bri, I'll get on to it. It's amazing what ebay throws up, my son got one on there and I bought a cheepie as a spare. Have found lots of goodies for the bike aswell.

Cheers

Pete

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
imported post

I too bought one of these helmets. The alleged "expierenced bike sales person" in the shop fitted me and told me that the Large size was perfect for me. Anyway off I went used the helmet for a couple of days (weather was fine so the lid was flipped up). First sign of rain & I couldn't close the lid properly. Went back to the shop & he told me that because I had used it, he couldn;t exchange it for a larger size. I used the conversion kit that came with the helmet to turn it into an open face. At least I can wear it now but now I can't fit the intercom system ( not enough room on the inside of the helmet). Must say though I like the flip down inner tinted visor. Saves having to carry sunglasses:waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well there is a balancing view. Mind you, the shop that you bought it from was pretty c--p, sounds to me like it was" unfit for the purpose", grounds for hopping up and down and making a stink if you ask me. Perhaps you should have contacted the manufactures and seen what they had to say about it.

Choosing helmets is never easy, we rely on theexperience of others, and other riders give better, more honest oppinions than shop staff, much like buying any product I guess.

Pete

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

hi again all,pete i can only go by my opinion,this helmet is quieter than my "fm" helmet,more comfy,better peripheral vision ,inner liner is removeable so to wash after a sweaty days rideing:grinner:plus the inner visor is a very good idea,(you to can look like this=:cooldj:,only jokeing,this helmet got 9/10 in MSN mag,this is another reason i opted for the caberg,you should pick up 1 used for about £70-£80 or a new 1 at about £120- £149,its up to you pete,i was lucky and got mine slightly used in the original box for £85 on e-bay,try your luck on e-bay pete i did and it paid off,but beware e-bay is not the most perfect way to buy ,you rely on faith sometimes,ta ta for now all,bri,sunderland,uk.;):waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi again Bri, thanks, that has probably tipped the balance, I might well go a nd source one, as soon as I've paid for all the other goodies on the credit card that I keep being tempted into for the bike. :coollep:= more me, the *** hanging out of the mouth is sadly more applicable. Mind you, I have been known to get vocal on the bike, on my own and with the radio blarring in my ears!! Goes without saying, that if you fancy a jolly out down South the kettle is always hot, and we are only a stones throw away from Gatwick and Dover, making us a good cafe break on route to the continent.(or should that read incontinent at my age?)

Thanks for the advice guys.

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.