Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi every one . I have been looking for some where I can get a new cover for my Goldwing seat. I don't want to buy a new seat . Just buy the cover to replace my old one. My wing is a 1990 and my seat needs some service. I have been searching the web found some styles that you can get a new cover but have not found a goldwing cover . The main reason I would like to do it this way is I would like to add some padding . So if what i am asking is possible please let me know.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
imported post

I've been looking at this E-Bay site. Here Haven't dealt with them yet. When riding season is over you can just ship them your seat and they will send it back as good as new. It will take a couple of weeks so unless you have a spare seat your bike will have to sit. You can buy the covers from the same site or a couple of others and put it on yourself. The used seats on E-Bay are pricey, and some of them look pretty bad. Did not see anything at CycleMax or Venco, but someone else should pop up soon. A good local car upholstery shop could also do the job. Good Luck

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Hartco makes a seat cover that you can install at your kitchen table without any special tools. I put one on my factory seat and it looks like a custom seat.... but feels just like the stock seat.

They are a bit pricy, but good quality.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

Contact these folks and ask the question.
I've had very good work done by them on a number of seats.
Definitely worth a phone call to inquire.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

Those ebay covers look nice. The fitting service is a good idea, I could never get them to fit right when doing it myself. Sags and bags everywhere.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

Retired Guy wrote:
Contact these folks and ask the question.
I've had very good work done by them on a number of seats.
Definitely worth a phone call to inquire.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/
I have used Mean City Cycles three different times for my VTX, they can do everything from minor foam shaving, to SERIOUS alteration. Great folks to deal with and I would also highly suggest them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.