Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, everyone.! Been a great summer here in N.E. ohio. there is a tear in my corbin seat at the piping now.. not bad. but the beginning of something worse to come.. i live in an ohio community that has a large population of "Amish" people.. was thinking of finding one of them to re-cover my corbin seat this winter.. has anyone in your home area had this done by Amish Craftsmen.? i have seen some examples of the work they can do. and some of it was pretty good.. plus a savings in having it re-covered by them, and not a seat manufacturer.. i'm not about to ride all the way to califonia to corbin.. just to have that seat re-done.! Tell me of your experinces with getting this seat done by the Amish.... not sure if it's the right move to make...??? of course if someone was to loan me the money. then i'd buy a NEW corbin seat.! not likely though i know...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

I'm in northeast Indiana and the Amish are some of our best customers
And craftsman around. I would have no problem having one redue a seat
If I needed it done

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

You realize if it is completely recovered, which will probably be necessary depending on it's age, and whether it sat out in the sun, it will no longer be a Corbin seat, and will probably no longer feel like a Corbin seat.

I am looking to have my stock LTD seat and backrest recovered, but I want it done as cheaply as possible. Original foam is still good, the cover protected it from the light. I found a local shop that has a great reputation that will do both the seat and backrest for $220,in black marine vinyl (this is a rider, not a showpiece)That and a new $70 Slipstreamer windshield is all I plan to do to it cosmetically.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.