Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I had a look around the bike (98 SE Anniversary) and couldn't spot the colour codes for the red - I've searched the forum and found nothing - can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

Hi nitrowing,

have a look inside the locking cap for the petrol, the colour codes are normaly there

Nick

welsh winger

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

You can go to your Honda dealer and give them your bike info, year model, etc and they should be able to give you the color code if you still can't find it. My local dealer was able to do mine that way.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It's okay, he's looking for a RED color code, that shouldn't set the old islander off!:D

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

welsh winger wrote:
Hi nitrowing,

have a look inside the locking cap for the petrol, the colour codes are normaly there

Nick

welsh winger
Spot on - cheers mate :clapper:

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Tonys96 wrote:
Just a quick check shows:

For 1998 SE

Candy Spectra Red

R176K
and R176C

I take it the red I need is the K? (for painting the spoiler)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I know that the earlier metalics were a three step process. the metallic base coat, the "colour" and then the clear coat topping. so you may need all three

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Its actually 176C and you will need the silver base, the red colour coat and of course clearcoat. It's not easy paint to apply, the more colour coats you apply the darker the resault. Knowing when to stop takes a good eye.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Its actually 176C and you will need the silver base, the red colour coat and of course clearcoat. It's not easy paint to apply, the more colour coats you apply the darker the resault. Knowing when to stop takes a good eye.
and a steady hand.... also remember that the key to a good paint job is the preparation

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.