Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Honda could continue with the 6 cylinder engine but make it a slight V6 with a shallow oil pan. This design would raise the location of the head and valve cover enough to allow the rider more forward foot room.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Still thinking about it huh?

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
imported post

Yup, honda still tink'n bout it.

That slight V was a suggestion of mine almost 2 years ago. I even posted a pix I made on how it might look. Have to find it...

(found - http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum8/13434-3.html) Lost the Pix I made.

*_Toe room, valve covers facing up for all to read easier.

*_Better oil drain from cylinders. (Esp. when sidestand parked)

*_Slightly more ground clearance in corners.

*_Crank could be lower in the frame, hence lower Center-of-Gravity.

*_Make them exhaust headerschrome, retro look.
. . . . . Laker pipe look all the way back to rear? Fishtails? mmm, naw.

RideOn :action:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

FVM wrote:
Yup, honda still tink'n bout it.

That slight V was a suggestion of mine almost 2 years ago. I even posted a pix I made on how it might look. Have to find it...

(found - http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum8/13434-3.html) Lost the Pix I made.

*_Toe room, valve covers facing up for all to read easier.

*_Better oil drain from cylinders. (Esp. when sidestand parked)

*_Slightly more ground clearance in corners.

*_Crank could be lower in the frame, hence lower Center-of-Gravity.

*_Make them exhaust headerschrome, retro look.
. . . . . Laker pipe look all the way back to rear? Fishtails? mmm, naw.

RideOn :action:

That is a good idea. I didn't think about all of theother benefits as you mentions.

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
imported post

I'm sure there's more reasons for the "V" but seems the "Next Wing" ideas are stagnate for now. Mama-Honda has most ideas of what they will bedoingon their reincarniation anyways. (see below)

on a side/similar note;

I've sent Craig Vetter a few suggestions for his next "Freedom Machine", haven't heard back yet, but he did JUST open his forum for ideas so.... Time'L tell.

(below) Since GoldWing isn't USA made, I've always wondered why many of us could not pool our interests into building a Luxo-Tourer. Costly? maybe not, many of our readers have all the knowledge to do such a build from scratch... doestake MooLah. Catch-22!

RideOn:action:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

The flat layout is what makes the Wing handel well IMHO and a V layout will upset it. Honda need to improve the foot space while keeping the flat layout.

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
imported post

I guess you don't get it.

That "V" we're talk'n about is so slight it's almosty impersievable, mperceveeeeable...

oK, fine... unNOTICEable.

170 or160 degree is near FLAT,it gets your toes under the heads/valve covers.

I like it, some won't. It's all debateable. I like compactness... it begets more space... more efficent space. I like packing a -25 degree jacket in a glovebox. It's me, not you.

As it is that SLIGHT V has more (slight) benifits than (major) nots (or knots).Depends who's tongue-tied... I don't wear'em, (depends).

I LIKE THAT SLIGHT V !

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

FVM wrote:
I guess you don't get it.

That "V" we're talk'n about is so slight it's almosty impersievable, mperceveeeeable...

oK, fine... unNOTICEable.

170 or160 degree is near FLAT,it gets your toes under the heads/valve covers.

I like it, some won't. It's all debateable. I like compactness... it begets more space... more efficent space. I like packing a -25 degree jacket in a glovebox. It's me, not you.

As it is that SLIGHT V has more (slight) benifits than (major) nots (or knots).Depends who's tongue-tied... I don't wear'em, (depends).

I LIKE THAT SLIGHT V !
The only consideration I can think of is a heat shield. It will get a little hot on the top of the foot without one.

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
imported post

Kikker wrote:
The only consideration I can think of is a heat shield.
It will get a little hot on the top of the foot without one.
But I like natural red toe nails.

Your Tooties will stay warm,. . ummm. . too 80 below. :D

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

Cut your feets off, then you'll have plenty of room.

·
Administrator
22,198 Posts
imported post

I thought about this "V" idea way back in about '89 when I was talking to a fleet test driver for VW and the cars they were testing had a similar engine.

I'm going to guess that Honda has already considered it as well and ended up not using it for some reason. Maybe as simple as GW's are recognized for their "flat" configuration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.