Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Redwing

That thing in my hands is called a HOCKEY STICK. We use it to play a game called HOCKEY. It is similar to soccer (oops...Football) except we use less players, a smaller field, and a hard black chunk of rubber rather than a ball. This is what we do when we can't ride our Wings. How are you handling the NHL lockout? Is your favourite team the Redwings? If so..what city are they from?

Kyle

Info like this has got to be worth mana.....c'mon....give it up Redwing!

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
Redwing

That thing in my hands is called a HOCKEY STICK. We use it to play a game called HOCKEY. It is similar to soccer (oops...Football) except we use less players, a smaller field, and a hard black chunk of rubber rather than a ball. This is what we do when we can't ride our Wings. How are you handling the NHL lockout? Is your favourite team the Redwings? If so..what city are they from?

Kyle

Info like this has got to be worth mana.....c'mon....give it up Redwing!
Hi kyle

Can't speak for Redwing, but it looks like every nation has its own ways of relieving their frustrations, when the wings are garaged up.

Hockey, is that not a point on the floor where dart throwers stand?

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

manxblackcat
Hockey, is that not a point on the floor where dart throwers stand?
I guess you missed the World Junior Hockey Championships too .... eh!

Kyle

Keep your head up and stick on the ice!

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Hockey is for wimps. I mean how can you take out your frustration on someone who is wearing loads of pror#tective gear? Have a look at our Hurling game, big sticks and no protective jackets or trousers allowed;

You can see loads more pictures here;

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/g.lennox/shinty/1303/

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Now you talking a man's game, played by men, don't forget a game of darts is played with out any protection whilst a missile with a sharp end is thrown at a speed of around 100mph.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
Redwing

Is your favourite team the Redwings? If so..what city are they from?
Hey Kyle, :waving: Yeah I know where they hail from, :cool: but you tell me first where Austin Stacks G.A.A. Club is from. :baffled:My sports are Golf, Karate, and a bit of hurling in my younger days. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

This "Hurling" you guys refer to....over here we call it field hockey and only women play it! To us guys..."hurling".... is what you do after you drink too much bad scotch.:grinner:

I once had a bud who looked like he was a goalie for a dart team.

Redwing...who is Austin Stacks and what does G.A.A. mean?:stumped:

Is Dr.Crokes Park going to allow rugby this season? How about that Michael Hogan eh! What were the Div 1 stats this year something like 17 points apiece for Austin Stacks and Dr.Croke? The Gaelic Athletic Association sure has been great for the kids eh!:clapper:

Kyle

For keeping my head up and my stick on the ice.....gotta be worth a least a little mana Redwing

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There are a lot of different sports around the world. The Scots toss the caber, I've tossed my cookies a few times, something like hurling. By the way, it doesn't have to be done with bad scotch, in my younger days I was able to achieve it with good beer!:goofygrin:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

03Silver wrote:
Hockey is for wimps. I mean how can you take out your frustration on someone who is wearing loads of pror#tective gear? Have a look at our Hurling game, big sticks and no protective jackets or trousers allowed;

You can see loads more pictures here;

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/g.lennox/shinty/1303/
I don't know 03Silver, kinda looks likedancing, with sticks to me. This is why as Kyle says, only the women in our country play this game.. As for the protective equipment, lets not forget they are also traveling 20+ mph on shoes with solid steelrazor sharp blades on the bottom, solid wood 4 feet tall surrounding the inbound play area, and dodging a frozenpiece of solid rubber traveling at times in excess of 100 mph. And you haven't lived until this projectile hits some unprotected, frozen part of you body. But for us in Canada it's called fun!!:D:D:D:D

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I go along with goldwinger, you only have tosee hockey player smile to prove it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.