Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:santawaving:Okay guys I almost have everything I need to tear my ride down and get to the mods. what I need from you's guys is pics. I have an 81 GL 1100 standard, I have put on the old Bates Bags and putting on a Vetter fairing SS I think I'm gonna paint the luggage trunk but leave it off unless on long trips. kind of like a Road King except it's prettier, and faster , and runs better, and it's paid for and and and .....oh well I can go on forever here. anyway I need some good pics from whomever has a bike that resembles this type. I think the closest one I have seen so far is Nightrider1's bike, exept I'm leaving the trunk off. They need to be good clear photo's so I can photoshop them. my colors are gonna be bullion gold with black accent, and of course all the chrome I can muster. so help me out shoot me your ideas, If you have good pics and they are too big shoot me a pm and I will give you my email addy and then you can shoot them to me.:action:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

bump

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Doesn't look like anyone has any pictures like you need. I tried searching Google Images, got a lot of 1100 Standard and Interstate pictures but none that looked like they'd help you any.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

yea I tried also exavid, I appreciate everyone looking anyway.

Thx

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

I have an 81/1100 standard, but I have Vetters bags and trunk, with the windjammer. Problem is they are all off the bike as I am doing some work to it. I guess I'm not sure what you want pictures of?

http://tinyurl.com/5lasc3

fixed URL link

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

that works anything close to what I'm looking for will work, thx ponymanr

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
imported post

Heres a pic of a bike I really like from NGW. I don't like the chopped forks but the rest looks good

Attachments

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
imported post

Here's another

Attachments

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
imported post

And a fourth...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
imported post

Heres a wing that looks just like a VMAX

Attachments

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
imported post

Here's another cool wing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
imported post

Here's one with Vetter fairing and vetter bags only. Mine looks just like this only with large chrome driving lights and engine guards.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I really like those bikes Mark but I think I like the last one best only I don't like the vetter bags, I'm using Bates bags instead, they lower the profile a bit and squares her hind quarters.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
imported post

Would this help?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Andy Cote wrote:
Would this help?
That's it Andy:cool: only my bags sit about 3 inches lower than those. thx for all the pics guys. It really helps when you can get a visual aid to help you make up your mind.

Tom

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Putting the lowers on the Windjammer fairing changes the look for the better immensely. I used to remove the saddlebags completely when I didn't have a long ride planned and just buzz around with the Windjammer (with lowers)on my '78. I liked the look.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.