Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Drained tha water out from the water pump before replacing the timing belts, the knowing that there is 1 gallon and more of it in the coling system, i was ready with that amouint bu after half gallon the radiator was full.

That means there is air somewhere and there must be a way ho to get it out in order to fill the remaining water? Or do i have to switch on the bike and waiting for the thermo valve to open?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

pippomaranga wrote:
Drained tha water out from the water pump before replacing the timing belts, the knowing that there is 1 gallon and more of it in the coling system, i was ready with that amouint bu after half gallon the radiator was full.

That means there is air somewhere and there must be a way ho to get it out in order to fill the remaining water? Or do i have to switch on the bike and waiting for the thermo valve to open?
> You must leave the radiator cap Open, in order for all the fluid to drain out.

Also, you'll have to manually vacuum-out the fluid in the Reserve Tank.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Lol my english sucks lol!

I drained it out all already, but when i putted back the colant, only half of it went inside! How can i get the other half gallon in? There must be air trapped and a valve to open and let air to go out.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

pippomaranga wrote:
Lol my english sucks lol!

I drained it out all already, but when i putted back the colant, only half of it went inside! How can i get the other half gallon in? There must be air trapped and a valve to open and let air to go out.
> First fill the Reserve tank as much as you can, then take the remaining fluid and pour it in where the radiator cap goes.

If it it does not all go in, then rev the engine a few times (with the radiator cap removed) to "burp" any air out of it --You normally will not have to do that though.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

Sounds like there is an air bubble in there. Normally you can start and run it until the thermostat opens and the air bubble will go away. I would leave the cap off so you can tell when the level starts dropping and add as the level drops. Just make sure that you don't run it too long and overheat. Normally just starting it will be enough to get the air bubble out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.