Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know where I can send some parts for re chroming. I have 2 parts on my 1983 GL1100 Interstate that need some refinishing.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Hi Chimp. If you add your location to your profile, it may be easier for someone to answer you.

Welcome! :waving:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

[align=left]HelloChimpand welcome from Arizona.
[/align]
[align=left] "Why buy'm if you don't ride'm"[/align]

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

AIH chrome does award winning chrome... But they are in Iowa... If you are in Africa, it don't do much good to you :baffled:

hint: fill in your location

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Digger, is that the place in Batavia right on Hwy 34 that has always been so run down looking that you'd think it was closed?

Mike

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi Chimp, judging by the GMT time that you posted you are on the other side of the Pond from me, or an insomniac!!! :shock:

But if you are in the South of the UK there is a good place in Croydon that I can point you towards?:)

As others have said, if you update your profile to show where you live, you will more likely get good advice to point you to somewhere close. :)

Enjoy the forums and please visit often.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Hi Chimp, judging by the GMT time that you posted you are on the other side of the Pond from me, or an insomniac!!!
Silverfox, do you know it there is a setting or default on time? I am just curious. Not that I want change mine, but my screen just shows the time that I believe is converted to my local time.

Chrome Paint: House of Kolor has Kosmic Krome paint. And, ALSA Corporation has a mirror paint. Both are quite expensive. There videos are pretty impressive even thought it still not chrome plate.

http://alsacorp.com/chrome.htm

http://alsacorp.com/products/mirrachrome/mirra_video.htm

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Foosman(5) wrote:
Hi Chimp, judging by the GMT time that you posted you are on the other side of the Pond from me, or an insomniac!!!
Silverfox, do you know it there is a setting or default on time? I am just curious. Not that I want change mine, but my screen just shows the time that I believe is converted to my local time.

Chrome Paint: House of Kolor has Kosmic Krome paint. And, ALSA Corporation has a mirror paint. Both are quite expensive. There videos are pretty impressive even thought it still not chrome plate.

http://alsacorp.com/chrome.htm

http://alsacorp.com/products/mirrachrome/mirra_video.htm
Don't think there is Foosman, I think the time you see is the timezone that you are in and that is all you get.... Admin will know for a fact though.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Don't think there is Foosman, I think the time you see is the timezone that you are in and that is all you get.... Admin will know for a fact though.
I have logged on the site in all 4 time zones in the US and the time you see, is the current time zone you are in.

I get around a bit.......:D

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

mikef wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
I have logged on the site in all 4 time zones in the US and the time you see, is the current time zone you are in.

I get around a bit.......:D
so we hear!!!!!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

Check the phone book for chrome facilities if you live in a large enough city. Or contact some auto custom shops to see who they use. I've has some luck with wing parts as they are small compared to say a bumper. Some shops will throw your small parts in while they are doing a large part for a low cost.

Good luck.:waving:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Chimp please let us know where you live....I live in the Houston area and we have several chrome shops that deal in custom plating from just plain chrome to the exotic plating's, gold etc.....So without your city, state and country it is almost impossible to steer you in the right direction.....The chrome shop here I do use, ships any where in the world..They are best known for their custom chrome plating for antique and classic cars, but do bikes and plating for just about any thing that plating can be put on, aka steel shafts for chemical plant pumps etc...So until you put in some more info, we are just spinning our wheels.....

Claude.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.