Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone recomend someone to do a full refurb on gl1100 in uk ,South Wales preferred

·
Registered
475 Posts
You will be lucky to get anybody to touch that mate, engine spares are getting difficult whilst body spares almost impossible. Im in gloucester and might take on some specific jobs but not the full bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Bryanlj are you a dealer or just on your own a telephone number would be good if you don't mind me contacting you for any work you might be interested in doing thanks.

·
Administrator
26,536 Posts
Just a geriatric ex Honda mechanic driving trucks now to pay the mortgage! Email me on blj at blj.org.uk with some details. I work nights so will give you times and days
Not a good idea to put your email on an open forum unless you like spam. I fixed it for you. Send or request a PM (conversation) instead.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cant get on with this new conversation thing, it dont tell you when you get an answer. Thanks for sorting it though

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
Cant get on with this new conversation thing, it don't tell you when you get an answer. Thanks for sorting it though
actually it can, you must set that up in your Preferences.

click on your Avatar at the top right of the page.
then click on ACCOUNT SETTINGS
then click on PREFERENCES
then click on on the box I have checked in this picture.
Hint: click on the picture below and it will go Full Screen.

Now, even IF you never look at your email, IF you have a new reply in your PMs or CONVERSATIONS as the forum calls it, there will be a Red dot attached to your Avatar when you log into the forum.

get in the habit of looking at that Avatar every time you sign on.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
I just looked at your own Preferences, and as it happens, you are already getting an email telling you that you have a new PM or Conversation.....
Assuming, that you entered the correct email address, or have updated your email to the correct address.

and it appears that you have, it shows blj '@' blj.org.uk

'@' is the @ symbol which I replaced and added spaces so it is not published in the open

it is bad form to publish your email in Forums because Robots troll through all of our posts looking for Valid Email Addresses, and then you get blasted with a lot of unwanted email.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I knew i had "clicked" the box but i have never had a notification of conversation, when i first joined and you all gave me a load of help on my mates 1500 mongrel trike the old system did.
At nearly 70 and an old time Honda mechanic i seem to be able to not do wondrous things on this Samsung dumfone, the Samsung health app even stopped working!!!.

Cheers all

Bryan

PS will remember to modify the addy if i need to enter it again

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
Cellphones just barely get on the site, going to the Profiles page is just about impossible, that is why I watch and help folks out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts