Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is a repost as the original got delete by mistake.

Cleaning out the cup in two of my nonfuntioning spark plug caps fix them..I used a 6" piece of a hanger in a dremmel..stuck it in the cap, into the cup let it spin for 30 seconds to scrape the cup base out..until it looked shiny. That did it, conducts at 5.0 again..perfect.

Note on the one I broke open to see how they were built..was a surprise there NO direct connection between the spike side and the resistor/cup side. The studs on the inside of the elbow part of the cap do not touch. I looked very closely at the elbow's insides and there is no groove or channel for a conductor..the current must pass through the "plastic". I know doesn't seem right but look for yourself.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

It's hard to tell what I'm looking at by the extremely fuzzy pictures, but since you have 5K of resistance, there cannot be a direct contact between the screw-on wire connector and the plug connection. There has to be a 5K resistor there somewhere.

Can you measure it and find out where it is?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

If you screw out the metal piece that fits on the spark plug( inside the cap ) the resistor and spring are underneath it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.