Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A member here has a reg/rec from an 86 1200i that he may sell to me. I need to replace the same part on my 82 1100i. I know that there exists different part numbers for the same part, for the two different GL series. I also found one site that offers the same part for both series of bikes, with the same part number.

http://www.rmstator.com/en/index.php/Motorcycles/Honda/GL_1100_l_Interstate

If you visit that site and then change the year to GL1200i it shows the same part number is available as RMR290 for both series.

Also in the list are reg/recs that have different part numbers and only show they are compatible with specific years of the same era.

My question is, did they manufacture that specific part RMR290 to make it compatible to fit and perform properly for both? Maybe a harness that would somehow fit both or something?

Or, would ANY reg/rec , regardless of the manufacturer, work on both series? If not, could the harness or cable be modified or swapped from one to the other to make it work?

Hopefully that made sense. I appreciate any answers! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I can tell you that the reg from a GL1200LTD will fit all 1200 models even though there is an extra wire (I think for the gauge). Lots of Hondas will take regs from other Hondas without issues. My cousin worked in a breakers for years and regs were about the most swapped around item.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for all who replied. I ended up finding one specifically for my 82 1100. I appreciate the response and info, which may come in handy one day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.