Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK, working on reinstalling the carbs back to the bike after fitting with new fuel lines and clamps. I'm working off an online manual that's for an European gl1500......It shows the upper cables on the carb comes from the Junction box on the right side of the fairing? and the lower cable is from the grip?

Also the cruse control servo cable hooks to the front of the carb and not the junction box as it is shown in the online manual....

If this is the way, looks like someone put replaced the cables and hooked them up backwards at the grip.....

Can someone confirm I have the throttle push /pull cables should be installed correctly?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,207 Posts
imported post

Is this picture of any help?

Here is the full pix that came from

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Where is the upper throttle cable coming from on your pic?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,207 Posts
imported post

I downloaded those pix from another source, had them on my hard drive. I have the OEM manual around here somewhere, but can't find it since I moved to OK from AZ.

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

Fishblock, your picture is correct.

JD

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Well looking further down that European online manual I found an "K" appendix that shows a cable setup the same way the bike was when I removed the carbs, Looks like I have the cables on backwards - I'll have to flip them around tomorrow.....

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

DriverRider wrote:
Fishblock, your picture is correct.

JD
as the ways its setup now, my throttle is twisting backwards.....

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

Do not know why it would. Has the grip been off and can it be reversed up there?

JD

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,207 Posts
imported post

Yep, gonna have to reverse them for sure.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Well, Has aftermarket grips on it now, I'm sure its been apart before I got ahold of the bike....I've found a lot wrong with this bike (poor mechanic work done in the past) as I'm going though the bike.....

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

If it was working before as was designed before your work, then go back. Not sure if it is possible, but did you get the left-right carbs on their correct side.

JD

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

Scratch the above thought. Don't think it is.

JD

·
751 Posts
imported post

Fish How did you get a-hold of a Euro-wing was it a good deal ? Also You have to change the radio stations on the radio & What about inspection How much was the inspection ? cause here in Colorado you need to go to the police station to have your Vin checked But if the bike was overseas ? Just curious

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Could it be that you reversed the throttle cruise control cancel switch on the drum, or the cable?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

hummer5205 wrote:
Fish How did you get a-hold of a Euro-wing was it a good deal ? Also You have to change the radio stations on the radio & What about inspection How much was the inspection ? cause here in Colorado you need to go to the police station to have your Vin checked But if the bike was overseas ? Just curious
Well, I have A Texas wing, I'm waiting for my manual to show up in the mail.....while working on the bike I found a website with the 89 Euro manual in a pdf file to download, figured it would be "close" enough to work for now.

I swaped the cables back around on the carb, and adjust out the cruse control cable, found the cruse control was holdingthe carb open and would idle high, and the idle adjuster was turned all the way out. and now everything is working normaly, and purring like a kitten,andI can adjust the idle with adjuster.I still need to tweak and sync the carbs.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.