Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Under the false tank on my 86 Aspencade there are two relays. Identical looking one on either side of the ignition module. What are they? I seem to have one missing, and as far as I know everything works without it. Any help is appreciated.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Someone should be along soon to help you, but while you're waiting;

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Have you checked the manual? You might pick the manual on the web.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

chrisv wrote:
Under the false tank on my 86 Aspencade there are two relays. Identical looking one on either side of the ignition module. What are they? I seem to have one missing, and as far as I know everything works without it. Any help is appreciated.
How does 1 come up missing if the 2 are there on each side of the ignition module?

According to the manual the right one is the brake light relay. I believe the left one is the turn signal relay.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,326 Posts
imported post

First, welcome to the forum.

You have me confused. Do you have 2 relays, and a space for a third, or is one of the two missing?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Here you go, this is from the electrical t-shooting manual for your model.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks it's the brake light relay I'm missing. Odd the brake lights still work fine though. Any idea where I can get one? Will this be a honda part?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Hmmm....do all of your brake lights come on? Or are just the trunk (center) brake lights coming on. If the relay was missing, the lower (left and right bag) lights would not come on because the relay is there to provide voltage to the brake light and tail light sensor to turn the lower lightson.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Interesting. I'm going to have to look into that, I thought they all came on, but i've been wrong before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.