Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just starting the job of either adjusting or replacing the steering head bearing but am having difficulty just starting the job. How do you release the wires which go into the front speakers. Released the plastic cowling Ok but don't want to force any of the wires out.

I have been following Fred Harmon'ssite but it doesn't show taking the speaker cables out.

I have a 2008 1800 Gl trike.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Just the job!

I tried pulling those plugs out but they seemed to be fixed in by a catch or something. Will now try again.

What I great find this site is.

The reason for doing the head bearing is that I get a wobble , or slight judder, on the front end some time when corning fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzePaxhM-yg

in this video, of one of the rides we do locally, you will notice that the front wheel gives a little judder on some of the bends. This happens when acceleration hard coming out of as bend. Tried all the basics, tyre pressure and shock adjustment but it is still there.

·
Major Enthusiast
238 Posts
imported post

The release tabs are on the inboard side of each connector. You need to use a fingernail to get in there, but once youi do the plugs slide right out.

=Dave=

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.