Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well we finally got a day of nice weather. And I had the day off. I thought I may have to get the owners manual out to see how to start the bike. Seems like it has been that long anyay. Got ride around central Illinois. Rode 300 miles today. All I can say is GREAT!!!. Bring on spring. I am ready.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
62 Posts
imported post

I'm jealous... my GL still has no brakes!!! I might have to cancel my order with Old Bike Barn and order elsewhere since they are backordered on my rebuild kits!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,524 Posts
imported post

Just so you don't miss those rides the next season coming, order that suff during the summer, when no one wants to do it, then you have it for the winter - now this is what my daddy always told me - did I listen, hmmmmm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

MrShake wrote:
I'm jealous... my GL still has no brakes!!! I might have to cancel my order with Old Bike Barn and order elsewhere since they are backordered on my rebuild kits!
Check with JC Whitney in LaSalle they normally have them in stock. If not there is a mail order place called motogrid. They are in Peru and sell oem honda. You can not go to pick up mail order only. But I always get the stuff in a day.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
imported post

We had a few nice days too. I pulled the normal DA and drained the battery with the fuel turned off...

I like to keep a full carb gasket set, beltsand other rebiuld dodads on hand and yeah ordering that stuff during the mid summer is a great idea. See if you can setup a kit at a discount with your vendor even if it's just to cover shipping.

Too bad we can't do group buys. The sportbike club I belong to has group buys all the time on tires, brake pads, ss hoses and other items. I've saved a few hundred dollars joining in. Of course I've spnt a few thousand as well..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
913 Posts
imported post

Took a 20 mile run on tuesday morn.....18 degrees,made 3 coffee stops...brrrrr
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

No ride here today. Rain, thunder storms server, and heavy winds. No complaints I did get to ride yesterday
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
62 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
MrShake wrote:
I'm jealous... my GL still has no brakes!!! I might have to cancel my order with Old Bike Barn and order elsewhere since they are backordered on my rebuild kits!
Check with JC Whitney in LaSalle they normally have them in stock. If not there is a mail order place called motogrid. They are in Peru and sell oem honda. You can not go to pick up mail order only. But I always get the stuff in a day.
I guess I should have read that before I clicked "buy it now" on a 2 caliper set on ebay... oh well.. either way I should be good to go by the end of next week.. I hope.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

MrShake wrote:
Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
MrShake wrote:
I'm jealous... my GL still has no brakes!!! I might have to cancel my order with Old Bike Barn and order elsewhere since they are backordered on my rebuild kits!
Check with JC Whitney in LaSalle they normally have them in stock. If not there is a mail order place called motogrid. They are in Peru and sell oem honda. You can not go to pick up mail order only. But I always get the stuff in a day.
I guess I should have read that before I clicked "buy it now" on a 2 caliper set on ebay... oh well.. either way I should be good to go by the end of next week.. I hope.
Let me know when you get it done. We will go for a ride.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,398 Posts
imported post

Barely. I don't have tags on my Wing yet so around the block will have to do. But it was nice anyway and the local hood rats were quite curious as most bikes here are Harleys.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

chris in va wrote:
Barely. I don't have tags on my Wing yet so around the block will have to do. But it was nice anyway and the local hood rats were quite curious as most bikes here are Harleys.
Where are you south of Louisville? Brother in law works in Clermont. I may be down there next weekend
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
62 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
MrShake wrote:
Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
MrShake wrote:
I'm jealous... my GL still has no brakes!!! I might have to cancel my order with Old Bike Barn and order elsewhere since they are backordered on my rebuild kits!
Check with JC Whitney in LaSalle they normally have them in stock. If not there is a mail order place called motogrid. They are in Peru and sell oem honda. You can not go to pick up mail order only. But I always get the stuff in a day.
I guess I should have read that before I clicked "buy it now" on a 2 caliper set on ebay... oh well.. either way I should be good to go by the end of next week.. I hope.
Let me know when you get it done. We will go for a ride.
Will do!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Just so you don't miss those rides the next season coming, order that suff during the summer, when no one wants to do it, then you have it for the winter - now this is what my daddy always told me - did I listen, hmmmmm.
Just do what Fred Flintstone would do use your feet for stopping:cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,098 Posts
imported post

MrShake wrote:
I guess I should have read that before I clicked "buy it now" on a 2 caliper set on ebay... oh well.. either way I should be good to go by the end of next week.. I hope.
I sure hope that ebayer wasn't SabreCycle MrShake ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
62 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't be caught dead ordering from SabreCycle again....

cyclepartsdirect this time!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top