Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Almost made me cry too!!

Salt water, motorcycles, never should be mixed. What an abuse!!

Keepin' my wing away from the stuff!!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Relax, guys.... it's a Harley...... can't abuse a Harley!

Nah, the clip takes me back to a simpler time, before the worst of Vietnam, before the worst of a lot of things..... back when the whole world was a promise, and not a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Bronson was a hero of sorts. I enjoyed his series and I wanted a sporster because of him. Never did get one tho. And CJ, I am reverting back to those simpler times. If I can hang on for a few more years, I will become a recluse, live in my own world and do my thing.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
imported post

I've been wearing watch-caps ever since seeing the pilot back 1970. Never wanted a Sporty though... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

Thanks CJ for posting that brought back some good memories.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

VA.GENT wrote:
Thanks CJ for posting that brought back some good memories.
Agreed, it's good to have something that takes us back to those days that were simpler.

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

Ahh the simpler times in life . That Sporty did pretty good as a dirt bike on the beach .:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

Pretty cool video. Enjoyable. The only thing about Bronson though..............he ALWAYS ended up riding off alone. EVERY time. That's not good.

Dennis

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

I miss the simpler times but never had a desire for a Harley, but do enjoy the movies Easy Rider, Wild Hogs etc. I think we all live in the past sometimes especially when we think of our family and friends that have gone.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Ah yes, nostalgia. Gripping isn't it?

Along came Bronson. Wow. Hadn't thought of that in a while.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Actualy, no. No I don't remember that. :cheeky1: Sorry CJ but I never saw that show - maybe I led a sheltered life in Upstate New York :(. Bet I'd have been riding sooner in life if I did.

Come on down for a visit though - we'll show you the real deal of California Coastal rides. You can even ride a Harley if you want :shock:.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Blackdog wrote:
Come on down for a visit though - we'll show you the real deal of California Coastal rides. You can even ride a Harley if you want :shock:.
Actually, BD, the California Coast was Red and my first realGoldwing tour..... in 1989! We left Ellensburg, took 97 to near Crater Lake, then cut over on 62 and 199 to Crescent City..... we then rode 101 and Rt 1 all the way down to San Luis Obispo, where we cut inland on...... Hwy 58, maybe......to Bakersfield, and Barstow and Needles to the Grand Canyon, and from the Grand Canyon down to near Dallas, Texas, where we got married! All on a battered 1981 Interstate that we had paid $2495 for!

Pretty good first effort, huh? But the California coast part was what made us motorcycle tourers forever! Big Sur was amazing......

(thanks, but.... I'll pass on the Harley!)

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

Blackdog wrote:
Actualy, no. No I don't remember that. :cheeky1: Sorry CJ but I never saw that show - maybe I led a sheltered life in Upstate New York :(.
Nah Dave, you got the same problem I do. We're not geezers so we never saw that stuff, except maybe some old reruns. :D I think I remember reading something about Bronson in history when I was in school. :dude:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Ah, Jluvs and Black Dog, you guys are just jealous that I dated your grandmothers......

of course, back then, everybody did!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Relax, guys.... it's a Harley...... can't abuse a Harley!

Nah, the clip takes me back to a simpler time, before the worst of Vietnam, before the worst of a lot of things..... back when the whole world was a promise, and not a problem.
Hey CJ, other than the day we pulled out, when was there a "best" part of Vietnam.............I missed that day!!!:action::action::action::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Blackdog wrote:
Actualy, no. No I don't remember that. :cheeky1: Sorry CJ but I never saw that show - maybe I led a sheltered life in Upstate New York :(.
Nah Dave, you got the same problem I do. We're not geezers so we never saw that stuff, except maybe some old reruns. :D I think I remember reading something about Bronson in history when I was in school. :dude:
Watch it Jluvs, the "geezer" lifestyle is gaining on all of us!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:;););)

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

larhjass wrote:
Watch it Jluvs, the "geezer" lifestyle is gaining on all of us!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:;););)
:D:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.