Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My neighbour has lost theremote control forhis :18red:he wants to know can he buy another one and have it coded for his :18red:and how is the code inserted. :stumped:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
My neighbour has lost theremote control forhis :18red:he wants to know can he buy another one and have it coded for his :18red:and how is the code inserted. :stumped:
Ya write the code on a small slip of paper, pry the fob open a bit and slide it in!

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35854&highlight=programming+remote

1. Turn the ignition switch on - between one and four seconds, press the
trunk "Pop-Up" button on the original transmitter while aiming the
transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the
ignition switch off. Note: keep the timing between one and four seconds,
too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored
codes.
2. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between
one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the original
transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and
four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
3. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between
transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and
four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
4. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between
transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the
ignition switch on.
5. Within 15 seconds, aim the original transmitter (up to three) whose
codes you want to store at the trunk and press the " Pop-Up " button
once on each transmitter.
6. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
7. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).
NOTE:
[press the trunk " Pop-Up " button] means to press this button and hold
it until the little light on the transmitter comes on."
I had to try it a few times to get the timing correct, but it does work,
so keep at it. And you'll probably need to program both the new and the
old transmitters (I did, anyway) because the old one lost the
programming while I was working on the new one. But you can do both at
the same time and end up with two programmed transmitters.

A 1999 Honda CR-V transmitter part number 08E61-S10-1M001 apparently works and is much cheaper than the motorcycle part.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hey aht_six :waving:How is this done if you dont have the orignal transmitter. :stumped: My neighbour lost the orignal :crying:and wants to know how to set up a new one without having to buy a new m/cycle one. :whip:

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Redwing, like "aht" says - first purchase the replacement. "Original" means the one you have in your hand. The "new" remote and the "boot" align their thinking (protocols) when you follow the procedure. :shock:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

My neighbour brought his :18red:into the Main Honda car dealers today to buy a remote and have it programmed. :clapper:The service managerused the remote the Honda CRV useswhich has the three buttons, :jumper:Lock, Unlock, and Trunk Lid Opener.He followed the instructions that was on the 1800 forum, :weightlifter:but it would not work. :crying:They even tried the way that it's done on the CRVs and it would not work. :whip: He rode home without the remote. :crying: Any suggestions. :stumped:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

You know, at first I thought y'all were jokin :grinner:, but now I see your actually serious :shock:. A remote for a wing!?!?!?! I would have never thought :baffled:. Chris

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You know these rich 1800 riders have it all. I have a remote for my 1500 for the anti theft device. It also has a pager that will beep at you if someone bothers the bike and you're within a 1/4 mile or so. I don't know what good it is, I sure as hell ain't gonna run a 1/4 mile to see what happened. It is fun when when you park where there's lots of foot traffic, when someone walks by the bike I hit the arm button on the fob andthe horn beeps and the light flashes, gets some really funny reactions. Of course I never use the thing for what it's designed for.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

Ok, geeshhh. I might have to make a trip and see about this remote thing.... Never would have thunk such a thing for a wing...:grinner:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Hey Budegan :waving:Yeah i knew it was there but i thought the wingnut had made a mistake :baffled:some chance of that. :skipping:I printed out the info for my neighbour and he took it to the Dealers, but it didn't work. :stumped:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

The key to success here is to make sure the correct FCC number is on the label. BTW Redwing, I just updated my profile. :waving:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Reddy wrote:
Redwing, I just updated my profile. :waving:
Good man Reddy. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

Hi guys,

I bought a 2nd trunk remote from the nice people at CyclemaxOhio but I'm having problems programming it.

The Honda instructions dont seem to work - I notice the Honda instructions say press the lock/unlock button but the thread here refers to the popup button?

Also, I am confused on all these threads - they seem to refer to using BOTH new and old remotes, but its not clear when you use each ...

I know there is a sequence of IGNITION ON, CLICK BUTTON, IGNITION OFF but which remote do I click the button on?

Help!

Rgds,
Eoin

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

eoin,

The owners manual for my 2009 says the remote must be programmed by a Honda dealer. However, I just went out and tried these instructions on my 2009 with a CRV remote I had left over from my 2005 and they worked on the first try.

Keyless Transmitter Programming GL1800

1. Turn the ignition switch on - between one and four seconds and press the trunk "Pop-Up" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off. Note: keep the timing between one and four seconds, too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored codes.

2. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

3. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

4. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the ignition switch on.

5. Within 15 seconds, aim additional transmitter (s) (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the trunk and press the " Pop-Up " button once on each transmitter.

6. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

7. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.