Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

Looked into some past threads here on a problem with the remote locks on my 1800. Several of the past threads talked about the same problem in that when the unlock or lock buttons are pushed thelights flash as if the signal was recieved but the locks do not lock or unlock. The call button does not work niether. I have checked were the wires make the tight bend in the corners of the lid and they all seem to beok and not broken. Removed the inside liner of thelid and found the remote relay and when the buttons on the remote are pushedI can hear the relay click, but with the top of the trunk apart the locks do not function do to the latches being open. Tryed to push the switches down that the latches hit to see if it would read as the trunk being closed, but still shows the trunk open, must have a mercury switch in the lid? Any help is much appreciated.

·
1,698 Posts
imported post

There is an electrical switch in the locks , which "feel" if the door is cloosed or open .( in all 3 doors ).
If one off those doesnt work , ORE if one off the latches is not pushed fully in ,(check iff they are loose , or need adjustment ), you will have this problem .

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I agree with Smeden, more so as only the trunk is affected. Pull the trunk lock mechanism cover off and take a look at the switch.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi WingNut57,
don't think it can be a mercury switch on them, as I don't think mercury switches are now allowed here in the UK, for door switches and I doubt Mother Honda would produce different switches for the US and European markets.
Hope you get the issue sorted. :waving:

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks fellas, I will check it out, what made me think about the mercury switch was when I was taking the inner liner out of the trunk lid, it has a sticker on it or warning I sould say, to properly despose of mercury if junking the bike. I to thought this was a little strange do to the fact that we just do not use mercury any more. Use to play with it when I was a kid which may explain why I look like this all the time :raspberry:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well don't quote me on the mercury switch issue, I have been known to be wrong before.... in fact most times I am wrong, come to think of it. :shock::D

Sadly, I too am of an age where I remember being let loose with the stuff in the science class room. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

Mercury was the coolest thing to play with.......if only we knew!!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

What always amazed me was how heavy it was, we rented part of our barn to a heating contractor and we collected all the old thermostats that they threw away, amazing what a baby food jar of it weighted. If I had a baby food jar now, they would shut down most of Ohio.:lash:

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

I believe the mercury is actually in the gps display up front (though the tilt switch would make more sense). On the 1800 if any of the bags are not closed (ie. their respective switch is not made, thus indicating on the display that they are open) the remote trunk lock will flash the lights 5 times and NOT lock the locks. Normal operation, with all bags closed properly will flash lights twice and lock all bags. The trunk lock relay is under the seat , contained in the relay block, grey section, 2nd from the vehicles left. labeled as "accessory relay" (the one nearby that is labeled as "horn/trunk lock" is only to make the horn sound when the truck lock is actuated..an apparently disabled function).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.