Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Guys,

Have any of ye installed any of those alarm systems with the remote start. Have being offered one but am dubious as to whether their any good or not. I mean if you need to use the choke on the bike when it's cold, how does this remote start thing get around it.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

I had one a fe wyears back, but I had the remote start disabled as everyone wanted to see it work and I often ended up with a flat battery from all the showing off. :(

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Waste of good money ,,,,As far as I am aware a goldwing has NEVER been stolen in Ireland ,,the remote starting is only a gimmick,,on the 1800 there is an automatic choke so it works ok ,,but whats the point of having it ,,not like a car where the heating come on and the car is nice and warm when you come out from the house ,,keep your money for more worth while things ,,like a fire extinguisher and fit it in your side box ,,and good clothing to keep you warm and safe ...and a decent helmet ,,,cheers Ciaran:waving::waving::waving:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Not very practical having this on a bike at all. Fine on a car that you can leave locked while it warms up. That reminds me of the wingnuts old Jag XJ6 that he has stashed away. It has a factory fitted heater timer that heats the coolant up, so that when you start the engine it's already warm and the heater pumps hot air straight away. Kinda hard on the battery though.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Imagine if one of the safety switches failed and you remote started your bike in gear. Not good. I actually don't know what's involved with the 1800 and failsafes but the subject of remote starting was discussed at length at the GWRRA BB not too long ago and the general consensus was save your money and buy safety chrome.

Regards,

Hobie

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks guys.

Thought it was a fancy gimmick alright. Will keep my money and spend it on better things for the wing.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Using the remote to sound the horn might be a help for me, more than once I've tramped all over a parking lot because I couldn't remember where I left the bike.

:stumped:

Probably need a linear amp to increase the range enough to do any good though.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey medic 1, :waving:The one thing to remember is that it's a motorcycle that we are driving/riding. :baffled:Save your bucks for things like,:)better lighting front and rear, :clapper:backrest, :clapper:belly pan, :clapper: etc,etc, if their not fitted already. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.