Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Please help I need info on removing the starter on my '82 aspencade the manual that I have is one covering 77-83 and is very vage. I was told that I had to drop the exhaust on the left side to access the starter. Can anyone help out with info on how to do this

Thanks

Randy

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

If it is anything like the 1200, you drop the exhaust, and then remove the two bolts holding the starter in place. Next you just pull it out of the hole.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Hello randysbaby1. Yes you need to drop the pipes a couple of inches to get the starter out. Also after you drop the pipes and before you pull the starter, put the bike on the side stand so that the drive sprocket doesn't roll into the engine. Theres a load of topics covering this in more detail if you want to do a search.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey randys1baby :waving: Your welcome to the forum. :clapper: Please update your profile and complete the location section and tell us what country your from.:clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

I got my starter off, 83 Aspencade, without dropping the pipes. It was super tight fit, but I used a deep well 8mm sockect, 1/4" drive to take the two bolts off the starter. It helps to have small hands.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

If you have to drop the pipes, make sure you have a couple of spare exhaust studs handy, It' s rare to get them all off without at least one breaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.