Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
big PIA
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a copy of service manual in digital that they can share? I need to remove engine to change starter clutch. i have tried the mmo trick and it worked for bit but now will not catch anymore. Had to push start at last stop. Whn I try to start it acts like it ties to catch but never turns motor far enough before grinding out again. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Whenever I remove an engine, I take a slightly different approach.

The reason the belt covers are removed is so you can move the engine forward enough to disconnect the u-joint from the output shaft. My method makes timing belt cover removal unnecessary. (At least on 1200s)

Instead of removing the timing belt covers, etcetera, I instead remove the rear wheel, then unbolt the pumpkin and pull it back with my left hand, while with my right, I try to separate the u-joint from the engine output shaft..

I just take a slightly different route.

Another thing I do.. Is I have an automotive transmission jack, the sit quite nicely under the motor. It's on casters, and the engine rolls out the side quite nicely.

Just my $0.02. Do what you will. It just depends on where you want to do your wrenching...

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
85-87 have the pg's under the front cover. It's easier to remove the pg's from the engine than to unplug and draw the harness out through the steering neck.
Is it really easier to remove the rear wheel, than the four belt cover screws?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.