Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this guy wasted a lot of time to do the job right, but the main point is, a Grease Gun with a Straight Zerk can push that jammed cartridge out of the barrel.

You haven't got anything better to do, so sit and watch him fumble around.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
I have seen a lot worse videos. He should have broken it up into 2 though, extracting the round and firing the weapon.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
552 Posts
I was wondering what's wrong with a long brass rod and a mallet, then I caught the part about the round being live. The bullet would push into the cartridge and seat in the powder. Probably still work though.

Reactions: Sniper60

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering what's wrong with a long brass rod and a mallet, then I caught the part about the round being live. The bullet would push into the cartridge and seat in the powder. Probably still work though.
True, but I don't know that I'd want to be beating on a live round while I was in the vicinity of the muzzle. I had a .300 BO round get stuck in a barrel, live, and "mortared" it out. Fecked up my collapsible butt stock, but got it out and fixed the stock. It looks like he may have tried that, as the rim of the cartridge looked like it had some of it missing. Lesson of the day for me, be careful what cases you convert to .300 BO.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
True, but I don't know that I'd want to be beating on a live round while I was in the vicinity of the muzzle. I had a .300 BO round get stuck in a barrel, live, and "mortared" it out. Fecked up my collapsible butt stock, but got it out and fixed the stock. It looks like he may have tried that, as the rim of the cartridge looked like it had some of it missing. Lesson of the day for me, be careful what cases you convert to .300 BO.
There's just no chance of setting off a live round by beating on the projectile from the muzzle with the bolt out.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
552 Posts
And even if it went off, it wouldn't send the bullet down the barrel, it would send the cartridge out the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts