Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone been successful in removing the carbs on a 1986 GL1200I?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

The come out the same way as on the other GL1200 model years. What problem are you having? They should come out to the left of the bike.

·
Administrator
26,186 Posts
imported post

Having just done it I can say it can be done but you may learn a few new words. :X

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

You did remove the lower "tubes" to each carb right? Then is it a matter of sliding the carbs to the left just enough to get the trottle cables and choke cable off. Pull that vacuum line off of the No. 4 carb. The as you rotate the carb rack counter clockwise slightly also lift up a little on the front of the the carb rack. It is a tight fit but once you learn the technique it is very easy.

Remember as you move the carb body to the left, lift the front of the carb rack and rotate it slightly counter clockwise.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

If you want to gain confidence BEFORE you take them out/apart, get the Randakk's carb manual, which gives you step-by-step color pictures/instructions on how to do it. I have his manual and my bike has his carb kit. I highly recommend it. Also don't forget to sinc/set idle,etc. when you're done, she'll run smooth.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,592 Posts
imported post

Whutcha doin' to the carbs? I've had mine out a few times. Twice this week, as a matter of fact.

How far along are you, and, do you have the Honda service manual?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.