Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a beautiful 1982 GL 1100 wineberry in color. Its naked and low miles and did I mention beautiful. I love it but all I hear is engine noise and I want exhaust noise. Can the baffles be pulled without a lot of problems. What should I do?

Thanks,

nakedwing

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

nakedwing wrote:
I have a beautiful 1982 GL 1100 wineberry in color. Its naked and low miles and did I mention beautiful. I love it but all I hear is engine noise and I want exhaust noise. Can the baffles be pulled without a lot of problems. What should I do?

Thanks,

nakedwing
Everything feels better naked!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

instead of trying to get at the baffles (and I bet it would be a real chore.... try picking up some HD sportster 1200 oem mufflers on fleabay.... the owners usually pull of the oem's and replace them and they go cheap on fleabay

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

You can rem them out but the loss of back pressure requires rejetting if you want to keep peak performance.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
imported post

o adn can you update your location in your profile may be close to someone that knows of local shops and rideing spots and such.....

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
imported post

nice you just saved me some hahaha thanks :)

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

wolfblade wrote:
not sure if you are looking for a cheap fix or if you mind spending a bit but i ran accross these i am seriously considering for my 82 1100A

http://www.jcwhitney.com/CHROMED-4-INTO-2-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-HEADERS-TURNED-DOWN/GP_2006366_N_111+1982+200008236+600014658_10111.jcw

looks great with a bit more noise and performance best off all worlds i think
"also lets you reach oil filter and drain plug without removing header"

Um...HUH??? What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

Sure would like to see some pics of that beauty.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

RB wrote:
You can rem them out but the loss of back pressure requires rejetting if you want to keep peak performance.
Not true, I pulled the silencers on mine, a huge chore by the way, mine were rusty to start with and I ended up losing half the tip, but put chrome tips on and it looks better and sounds good and there is no backpressure issues.

I think the main mufflers handle the back pressure and the crossover pipe provide the equalization so re-jetting is not needed.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

Some pics would be great!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks for the info. That is what I suspected would be the case. My 82 wing is practcally in mint condition. It only has 18k miles on it. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that it is a stock GL 1100. The only thing extra on it is my windshirld and a nice coffe mug holder. I have bags and truck for when I need to travel, but most of the time I don't use them. I just want more noise (Music)! How do I add a picture of my ride to this site?

Nakedwing

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i replaced my missing ex. with these. jardines. look at my advatar pic. not to loud not to quite.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.