Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

been looking at the removal of headlight on 82 GL1100, that nut thats behind the gages sure don't leave much room to take nut off. Would I have to take fairing off to get nut off? what have most of you folks used a socket or open wrench? what size socket do you know off hand what it takes? is there any tips about getting nut off. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

IIRC it's a 17 or 19mm. I use an open wrench. Take the screw out and remove the knob first. It's tight but can be done without removing the fairing. Once the nut is off push on the threads and what's left sticking out and the whole headlamp assembly will come out.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

thanks k1w1t1m, I won't have to mess with set screw and knob it doesn't have one on. just the shaft with nut. I can see where set screw goes in if it had a knob. thanks Terp

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

you guys use a stubby wrench when taking off nut to let headlamp out. I tried with a regular wrench, you can't hardly move around. I'll have to buy a stubby and see if that works.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
imported post

I use a long socket & a 3/8" drive ratchet handle on it. There is enough room for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.