Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble removing the grips, I want to swap them bike to bike so don't want to ruin them.

How do the rest of you remove grips you plan to put back on again?
I have a set of stock rubber grips on 1, and Kurakn ISO on the other.
I want to swap those as I prefer the Kurakan Iso.

I don't want to ruin or loosen the rubbers on the ISO grips, and wondering what heating a bit would to to those rubbers before the grip glue would get loose.

Already lost the rubbers out of the foot brake pad, about the same thing as the grips.

Also of course I don't want to just cut off the rubber grips either. Not really tried to get those off yet as I need the other ones to put on right away since I ride that one.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
hey ya newbie, dont ya suppose this should be in tech forum?....LOL

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoops! I had a couple tabs open at same time, thought I did post in tech section, but I guess not.

Oh well, Wexy probably wants something to do, maybe he can move it for me.

Sorry Wexy!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
this wing grips were so loose as to be dangerous, however a yamasaki or something a few years back no so much, hair dryer on hot. back and forth till it go so hot I used a rag to twist "unscrew" them off.

·
Magic Moderator
4,869 Posts
The OEM rubber ones you can also get them off with compressed air.

·
life is good
1,192 Posts
grips

i have always used gas. ive been riding since 5 year old . lots of dirt bikes there is a lot of differnt chemicals for every thing you do for bikes nowadays. back in the day we used gas for lotsa stuff . grips was one . on or off.:)

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I had not thought about compressed air for the rubber ones.

I'll try the ISO's first, still wondering about the rubber pads on those coming off though.

May get a break in the weather again for 2 days so may just ride with the grips I have for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.