Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an older J&M headset, all I really need is the speakers, reckon I can cut the mic off at the clamp without rendering the speakers useless...I wouldnt be out anything if it doesnt work but hate to bugger up a good unit that I could pay forward...many thanks....

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It worked, got the speakers velcroed in the ear flaps (removable) and clamp mounted to side of the helmet....This is my favorite 1/2 helmet and I didnt want to make anything permanent...so I can use it on my VTX...

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
I used an old Walkman type headset for my daughters helmet, and then plugged it into an adapter to go from the 5 pin DIN plug to the 1/8" jack. Works well for us, we used it for a 10 day trip and she could hear the radio and intercom, she would reply to my questions by tapping the right shoulder for yes and the left for no or in between for 'other' ect.

It was very pleasant for me anyway.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
unionjk, Where did you get this adaptor?

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used an old Walkman type headset for my daughters helmet, and then plugged it into an adapter to go from the 5 pin DIN plug to the 1/8" jack. Works well for us, we used it for a 10 day trip and she could hear the radio and intercom, she would reply to my questions by tapping the right shoulder for yes and the left for no or in between for 'other' ect.

It was very pleasant for me anyway.
Thats pretty cool, necessity its the mother of us all...:claps:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Dang now you tell me, that sure would have saved me from whacking up a good headset ($20) even if it was old......:wtf:
Did you ask first or just whack away? :?

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you ask first or just whack away? :?
Well no now that you mention it, and I guess being a newbie is no excuse, adapter and ear buds would have done just as well...as I really dont need the full headset..live and learn....:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.