Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently became a winger and cannot tune my radio. I cleaned the contacts and it made no difference. The problem is my key doesnt turn the lock on the clock. Is there another way to get the stereo out? Can I get a new key made off the vin? My local dealer just said they could only make one from my existing key.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
So, I recently became a winger and cannot tune my radio. I cleaned the contacts and it made no difference. The problem is my key doesnt turn the lock on the clock. Is there another way to get the stereo out? Can I get a new key made off the vin? My local dealer just said they could only make one from my existing key.
As your 84 Interstate didn't come with a radio or clock it was added afterwards so your VIN number will not help.

A good locksmith might be able to pick the lock, other than that you could drill out/destroy the lock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I took it to a locksmith. He was a rockstar. couldnt pick the lock, so he made a key by hand after looking in the lock with a mini camera. $25 later, by radio comes out and nothing destroyed.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,326 Posts
Wow, that is a rock star performance. Keep his number and spread the word. Help the guy get rich.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.