Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The book says to loosen the clamps but I can't see where the screws are. Is there a trick to this.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
imported post

No trick, just look in from the sides under the frame tubes. Kinda like looking for the carb sync screw.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

You will need a long phillips head screw drive also....

Look from the sides just above and to the rear of the fans on either side....might need to use a flashlight to see the screw clamps.

I have mine out of the wing now....just did a carb rebuild....the fun part is putting them back in....

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Can't wait. Why do they put things where you can not get to. Soon you will not be able to work on anything.

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
imported post

slammer218 wrote:
Can't wait. Why do they put things where you can not get to. Soon you will not be able to work on anything.

Don't know if this will work but here it goes
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/attachment.php?id=47182

If you go to this attachment look at the intakes off my bike you'll see the upper- lower clamps. If your left and right side shelters are already removed then on either side between the fan shroud and the air box door there is a tube for the air duct just above that you may have to move it a little, but straight ahead is both set screws. Loosen the top one and remove the carbs by pushing it forward and pulling it backwards. There are 2 coolant tubes in front that need to be disconnected, the choke cable on the right front, cruse cable on the left front. Note it's much easier to remove the 2 screws that hold the plate for the screws. They are 8MM. Remove the fuel line on the rear right, remove the upper throttle cable first, then the lower throttle cable. Once this is all done lift up the carbs. Under the bottom of the carbs there are 2 lines. 1 is a drain for the carbs and the other connects to the carb vacuum system. Once this is all done the carbs come out very easily. Take your time and don't force anything!!!!.....I've had mine off at least a dozen times so I believe I can toot my own horn!!!! LOL...........Allan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.