Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

http://www.repairproducts.co.uk/

Take a look, this crowd looks to be able to repair all sorts of stuff.........in the home and on the bike...:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

We have similar products here on this side of the pond.They work, sort of. Videos always demonstrate a "perfect match", but in reality, they're dreaming. The concepts are good, but leave alot to be desired in the end.Once and a while, they wil work perfect,but not usually. Just my experience. jimsjinx

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've had similar luck as jimsjinx, tried to repair vinyl seat covers a couple times with comparable kits. Sure as heck wasn't invisible and didn't hold up all that well either. On the other hand the stuff isn't all that expensive, maybe it does what it says. If you try it and find it works well let us know.

Someone has to be a test pilot.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

When I got my Goldwing earlier this year, the passenger's saddle was torn in a few places by the PO who wore cowboy boots with silver tips on the toes. Whenever he swung his leg over (the saddle) he tore the seat. I got one of those vinyl repair kits at a Wallyworld. You mix the colour compounds, they are like those childrens pot paints in miniature, to the colour nearest yours' and then apply the compound. It comes with a little trowel like piece which you heat up on a steam iron and then you apply it to the compound to 'cure' it. It takes several applications to get it to work and maybe it would have been better if I had just attached that little trowel thing to my soldering iron instead, (maybe next time). It's ok for now, it's not immediatly noticeable in one spot, both holes were messed up pretty badly and the repair has worked for both of them. They don't allow water to get inside either. The colour is a little darker and when you touch it you can feel a greater density than the surrounding vinyl but It will do for now. A man on a flying horse wouldn't see it anyway!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.