Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi

trying to find a manual for my 1982 Aspencade, (clymer or haynes OK?) There doesn't seem to be a specific one made for the 82 aspencade- should I pay the >$100 for the Honda shop manual?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
imported post

god no, don't pay it.

GL1100 were made between 1980 to 1983. The difference between a Aspencade and a interstate is what the package has. The bike itself is pretty much the same.

Do a search on "history of the goldwing" and you'll understand better.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

I found a bootleg honda factory service manual on EBay that will cover the Aspencade. It was very cheap. About $6 with shipping to my US address.

My Clymer manual is not too specific on my 83 Aspencade.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

The link works all right, but i don't like the sample diagram from the CD as it shows a GL1800 instead of an 1100. I hope this isn't a rip off, selling an 1800 CD as an 1100 one. Also they refer to video clips on the CD. Honda never did a maintenance CD for the 1100 and certainly never supplied video clips of any work.

I'd be interested to gear from anyone who actually bought this item.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

I did not buy that exact item,,,but I do have a GL1100 Honda Manual on CD, but without video clips. It would not hurt to email that seller and ask what the deal is.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for all the inputs- I found a nice used 1980-1983 Honda Service manual, on craigslist (SF bay area) $45 (mailed to the house), the seller had a lot of other MC manuals for sale, including an early gold wing manual.

thanks again,

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.